It's time for This Week in OpenNMS!
In the last week we did a lot of work improving recent feature additions including netflow and topology support, as well as UI refactors and other GUI improvements.
Github Project Updates
Internals, APIs, and Documentation
- Markus and Dustin did some wrap-up work on the multi-protocol netflow support.
- Jesse fixed a timing bug in Kafka alarm sync.
- Chandra did more work on moving detectors and pollers to use the integration API.
- Antonio and Markus continued work on the project to move topology data to a backend service.
- Chandra added support for larger Kafka buffer sizes.
- David fixed a bug where alarms can be correlated to multiple situations.
- Markus did some work on the daemon reload refactor.
- Matthew added support for parsing a number of additional syslog formats.
- Jesse did more work on indexing alarms in Elasticsearch.
- Dustin worked on adding Carbon support to Telemetryd.
- Matthew worked on making it possible to use OCE directly in OpenNMS core without Kafka.
Web & UI
- Sebastian worked on the Bootstrap 4 UI migration.
- Markus did more work on the Vaadin 8 migration.
- I added support for getting managed object data from alarms in opennms.js and displaying it in the alarm details in Helm.
- Christian made a number of alarm/severity-related UI changes, including fixing pagination, bugs in the alarm details, and situation display on the front page.
- Patrick continued his work improving the performance of the topology UI.
- I worked on a couple of Helm bug fixes and enhancements, including honoring the "style with severity" setting in the alarm details page, and grouping a severity's "related alarms" in the alarm details page by node.
- David did more work on a GraphML exporter for OCE data.
- Brynjar Eide fixed drag & drop support in IE, Firefox, and Safari when editing column order in Helm.
- Ronny added nicer favicons for the web UI.
Upcoming Events and Appearances
The OpenNMS Group will be offering hands-on OpenNMS training in our Apex, NC office.
Until Next Week…
If there’s anything you’d like me to talk about in a future TWiO, or you just have a comment or criticism you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to say hi.
Resolved Issues Since Last TWiO
- HELM-110: Display managed object type and instance in the alarm details view
- HELM-119: Upgrade Grafana from 5.3.1 to 5.3.4 to fix CVE-2018-19039
- HZN-1252: Add documentation Netflow 9 and Ipfix
- HZN-1391: Add an "ssh" action to bin/opennms
- HZN-1400: Prevent alarms from being correlated again after being removed from a situation
- HZN-1408: Update telemetryd documentation to reflect single port support
- HZN-1416: Generate Netflow v5 flows to validate accuracy of classification
- HZN-1426: Older Alarms will Not Un-Acknowledge Situations
- HZN-1439: Clearing a situation should clear all the related alarms
- NMS-7797: Update to Vaadin to version 8.5.2
- NMS-10227: Add select/deselect all packages when creating a scheduled outage
- NMS-10398: Find out why intial loading of the topology map takes so long, fix for CDP
- NMS-10420: Wrong data type for Cassandra Thread Pool performance metrics
- NMS-10462: Wrong time in 'last' column for related alarms when viewing situation details
- NMS-10463: Cleared situations show up on home page
- NMS-10468: Fix offheap doc to be included in docs
- NMS-10474: Kafka Producer: Sync timing issues cause erroneous deletes
- NMS-10481: Broken links in Newts install documentation
- OCE-26: Use situation and network interface icons in GraphML export
- OCE-27: Managed object instance for SNMP interfaces can be blank
- OCE-29: Switch to immutable implementation types for Alarms/Situations/Inventory